Feb 17, 2010

Prayer & Forgivness

So I have been thinking about blogging about Prayer & Forgiveness. Two essential things in my life and hopefully yours! But the important thing is, knowing HOW to Pray and How to forgive. I do not want anyone to think I am a know it all. Because I am far from it. But I do feel like it is my duty to inform you of what I do know. So here goes.

I had the privelage to watch a movie tonight, Tyler Perry's "I can do bad all by myself". It was a great movie. The part where the young girl was asking Maddea how to pray really made sense. Grandma always says pray about it, but she never taught her how to pray! This is the case with many people! Including one of my great friends I was talking to the other day.

So here are some things I have learned about prayer.

1) You must ask for FORGIVENESS~
You must ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins so that you can pray to him. You must also ask those who you have sinned against to forgive you and forgive those who have sinned against you. In other words. Hold No Grudges!

2) Be Thankful & Give praise! Look around. If you are reading this, then you must have some access to internet. Be thankful for things God has blessed you with and the family members and friends that you have!

3) When you ask for something BE Specific! For example: Bob needs a car to get back and forth to work to take care of his family. He prays every night, please God send me a car. He may be blessed with a brand new car he can't afford, or even blessed with a broke down car that don't work. So be specific. "Please God send me a dependable car that will get me back and forth to work and that I can afford".

4) The Best thing to do is Ask for GOD's WILL in your life! He created each of us with a plan and a purpose. Only He know's what is to happen next in our life. Each min, day, week, month, year and so on. Live one day at a time, but live it for God. If we pray and ask HIS WILL in our life. Where can we go wrong? Nobody ever said it would be EASY!

5)Be easy, just talk like Jesus is your Best friend. Because he is, He will be there when no one else is.

When you end your prayer, I always say "In Jesus name I pray" , like maddea says, it's my stamp to get it up there!

Below is a visual demonstration on Forgivness
~When you don't forgive, the grudge and unforgiveness (the line) blocks the way of your blessings!
~When you forgive your blessings flow down!

This is so true and so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment